Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater And Zanzibar: A Wonderful Itinerary
Could a trip to Tanzania get any more romantic than this? It begins in the coffee farms of Arusha and ends on the mesmerizing island of Zanzibar, with stops along the way for safaris in the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater. This incredible Serengeti Ngorongoro Crater and Zanzibar trip highlights the diverse fauna and scenic beauty of Tanzania, a country brimming with natural and cultural attractions.
This Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater And Zanzibar tour is great for: The Great Migration in Africa, African Safari Honeymoon, Big 5 Safari, African Photography Safaris, Safari Holidays
Detailed Itinerary: Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, and Zanzibar
1 Night in Arusha
Arusha in Africa is your gateway to Tanzania’s treasure trove
Arusha, a lovely town under the watchful eye of Mount Meru, is a great starting point for a safari in Tanzania’s northern circuit. You won’t find many other places on Earth so near to such a wide range of national parks and game reserves. Here, Arusha’s famed coffee farms are only a flight away from the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater.
- Easily accessible
- One of the oldest towns in Tanzania
- Gateway to Ngorongoro and Serengeti
- Cultural hub with traditional markets
2 Nights in Ngorongoro Crater
You Won’t Believe What Happened on our Tanzania Safari (Ngorongoro Crater)
A flourishing basin in the Ngorongoro Crater
The Ngorongoro Conservation Area, which includes Tanzania’s Ngorongoro Crater, has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1973. The crater is the only remaining entire caldera in the world, and its fertile floor is home to a wide variety of animals, including the Big Five. Fun fact: before the eruption that formed Ngorongoro, it was likely higher than Kilimanjaro.
- Only intact caldera in the world
- Part of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Home to the Big 5, as well as an estimated 6,000 wildebeest and a variety of other animals
- Incredible diversity of fauna and flora all year round
3 Nights in Serengeti National Park
Insane Tanzania Safari (You Won’t Believe What We Saw!) – Serengeti
Home of Endless Plains and the Great Migration
The Serengeti National Park is 1.5 million acres in size and is home to a wide variety of animals, including the Big 5. The annual Great Migration, of which it is a part, has brought it possibly more notoriety. Over two million wildebeest, along with a good number of gazelles and a small following of zebra, migrate annually from the southern Serengeti to the western and northern Maasai Mara in search of better grazing pastures.
- Where the Great Migration puts on part of its great show
- It’s big, like 1.5 million hectares big
- Offers some of the best game viewing in the country
- Home to the Big 5, as well as a mighty big lion population
4 Nights in Zanzibar Archipelago
We found Paradise in ZANZIBAR! (you have to come here!)
A Dazzling Chain of Island Paradises
The Indian Ocean off the coast of Tanzania is home to a group of islands known as the Zanzibar Archipelago. In the eleventh century, the island began trading spices with the Arab world, and for the next several centuries, the island was ruled by Arab sultans who mixed their culture with that of the local Swahili people.
- The Zanzibar Archipelago offers superb beaches, warm, tranquil waters and the ultimate Indian ocean island getaway
- The different islands that are part of the archipelago offer an array of different attractions unique to each island
- Stone Town is recognized as a UNESO World Heritage Site
- Get lost in labyrinth streets, night markets, and local food vendors
End of the Serengeti Ngorongoro Crater and Zanzibar Itinerary
- Meals & Beverages
- Scheduled Activities
- Transport Logistics
- Applicable Fees and Levies
- International Flights
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Items not mentioned under Inclusions
Like what you see? Let’s make it happen
Enquire now and a Travel Expert will get back to you within 2 – 4 hours.