Romantic 12 Days Luxury Rwanda Serengeti Zanzibar Safari
The Handcrafted 12 Days Rwanda Serengeti Zanzibar Safari is a Romantic adventure with Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda, Serengeti Safari and Beach Stay in Zanzibar. Gorilla Trek Rwanda, Serengeti, Zanzibar Honeymoon is a Luxury affordable Africa Safari. 12 Days Gorilla Trek Rwanda, Serengeti, Zanzibar Honeymoon takes to Volcanoes National Park, Serengeti National Park, and Beaches of Zanzibar.
Highlights – 12 Days Luxury Rwanda Serengeti Zanzibar Safari
- Trek through the dense rainforest of the Virunga Mountains in Rwanda to spot mountain gorillas and golden monkeys.
- Take in the sunset over the Ruhondo and Burera lakes and surrounding volcanoes from your private deck.
- Watch as thousands of wildebeests attempt the crossing of the Mara River during your authentic safari stay in the Serengeti.
- Watch elephants stroll through the tree groves surrounding your safari camp in the Northern Plains of the Serengeti.
- Dive in the wildlife-rich coral gardens and shipwrecks around Zanzibar’s Stone Town.
- Cruise down the East Coast of Zanzibar on a traditional Swahili Dhow to experience a romantic African sunset
Safari by day Itinerary: 12 Days Rwanda Serengeti Zanzibar Safari
Day 1 – 3: Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda
Spend three nights high in the Volcanoes National Park, exploring Rwanda’s incredible wildlife and volcanic landscapes. Begin your honeymoon overlooking one of Rwanda’s most spectacular views from your banda’s private veranda at the Virunga Safari Lodge – that of the Virunga volcanoes and twin lakes Ruhondo and Burera. From the lodge, guests can drive to the Gorilla Trekking HQ to track Rwanda’s mountain gorillas and golden monkeys in the dense rainforests of the Virunga Mountains and come close to these incredible creatures. Climbing the Visoke or Karisimbi volcanoes, visiting mysterious remains of the Dian Fossey’s Centre, an IbyIwacu village visit, or a walk to the Buhanga Sacred Forest, are some of the other activities guests can choose from. In the evenings, enjoy gentle strolls around the lakes before watching the sunset over the volcanoes from your deck with a sundowner in hand.
- Track the endangered silverback mountain gorilla and his family through the misty rainforest of the Virunga Mountains
- Relax with a sundowner on your private banda deck overlooking the area’s spectacular volcanoes and lakes
Day 3 – 4 Kigali, Rwanda
Explore the rich history, heritage, and culture of Kigali with an overnight stay at the Luxurious Kigali Serena. Enjoy an overnight stay at the Kigali Serena to explore the rich history of the city before flying to the Serengeti the following morning. This Luxury hotel offers guests a chance to unwind after their gorilla tracking activities in the mountains, with a relaxing in-house spa with international massage treatments and a garden pool. Alternatively, guests can take the opportunity to learn more about Rwanda’s turbulent history with a tour of the Genocide Museum, or a city tour to sample some of Rwanda’s coffee.
- Visit the Kigali Genocide Museum to learn more about Rwanda’s turbulent past
- Relax at the in-house spa to feel rejuvenated before your flight to Tanzania the following day
Day 4 – 8 Serengeti National Park, Tanzania
Stay in a traditional and stylish East African mobile camp in the northern regions of the Serengeti. Head to Alex Walker’s Serian Serengeti North Camp for one of the best and most authentic safari experiences in East Africa. This traditional mobile camp is located only a ten-minute drive from the Mara River and all the major wildebeest crossing points, allowing guests the opportunity to experience the dramatic moments of the Great Migration unfold. Enjoy early morning and afternoon game drives around the Lamai Wedge and Wogakuria Kopjes to spot the region’s spectacular predators and game or enjoy a walking safari to get up close to the flora and fauna of the region. The camp’s location in a shady tree grove also means that elephants can be regular companions during sundowners before guests can settle in for the night under a starry African night sky.
- Watch the dramatic moments of the Mara River wildebeest crossing unfold for yourself
- Set out across the expansive plains of the Serengeti on a game drive to spot its spectacular array of wildlife
Day 8 – 12 Dongwe, Zanzibar
Spend the last few days of your honeymoon in ‘castaway luxury,’ enjoying the sandy beaches and clear waters of Zanzibar. Finish your Gorilla Trek Rwanda, Serengeti, and Zanzibar Honeymoon in style at this intimate and stylish beach retreat on the East coast of Zanzibar. At Xanadu guests enjoy the privacy of their own uniquely crafted villa complete with a private plunge pool overlooking the Indian ocean. Pick from kayaking, paddle boarding, scuba diving off Zanzibar’s coast as well as a tour of the historic Stone Town, as some of the daily activities on offer. In the evening we recommend a traditional sunset dhow safari experience – one of our favorites in East Africa – before a romantic candlelit dinner on the beach, enjoying freshly caught seafood with Zanzibari spices. Make use of the beautiful Kiota Spa with their Africology treatments before your international flight home.
- Scuba Dive in the coral gardens and wrecks around Zanzibar to spot green turtles, seahorses, and tropical fish
- Set sail down the coastline at sunset on a traditional Dhow for a truly romantic experience
End of the 12 Days Luxury Rwanda Serengeti Zanzibar Safari