A Detailed Kenya And Rwanda Safari Itinerary (Updated 2024)
A Detailed 8 Days Kenya And Rwanda Safari: The Perfect Itinerary for Your First Visit. An authentic Kenyan safari in the Maasai Mara and the opportunity to monitor the rare mountain gorilla in the equatorial forests of Rwanda are two bucket list wildlife destinations. This is the epitome of a Kenya and Rwanda luxury safari; anticipate opulent lodges, impeccable service, and exquisite cuisine. There is also a night at Giraffe Manor in Nairobi, which offers the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of intimate encounters with semi-tame giraffes as they put their heads through the windows at breakfast.
Safari in Kenya – Masai Mara National Reserve
The Maasai Mara in Kenya provides the quintessential safari experience. The reserve is teeming with elephants, lions, leopards, and a host of other wildlife, including the migration of wildebeest from July to October. The view from the ultra-luxurious Angama Mara Lodge, which overlooks the action, is arguably the finest in the Mara. The journey concludes with gorilla tracking in Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park, which is exceptionally beautiful. You will stay at Singita Kwitonda Lodge, which offers breathtaking views of the Bisoke and Karisimbi volcanoes rising above the Afro-alpine forests.
Day by Day Summary
- Starts: Catch your overnight flight from London Heathrow to Nairobi International
- 3 nights: Angama Mara, Maasai Mara, Kenya
- 1 night: Giraffe Manor, Nairobi, Kenya
- 3 nights: Singita Kwitonda Lodge, Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda
- Ends: Transfer to Kigali for your international flight home
- Gorilla tracking and the wildebeest migration in one safari (in season)
- Maasai Mara game drives, hot air ballooning and walking safaris
- Vistas of volcanos and Out of Africa savannah plains from your suites
- Safari in style, the ultimate honeymoon or couples getaway
- Sweeping canvas, private plunge pools and romantic picnics
Detailed Itinerary: Kenya And Rwanda Safari
Day 1 – 4: Masai Mara National Reserve
Maasai Mara National Reserve
Catch your overnight flight from London Heathrow to Nairobi International
After a short transfer from Nairobi Airport to Wilson Airport, fly by light aircraft to the Maasai Mara. A guide and 4×4 will be waiting to transport you to your lodge via game drive.
Accommodation: Angama Mara
All Inclusive | Tented Suite
Day 4: Flight to Nairobi
Today, you will return by light aircraft to Nairobi, where you will be driven to Giraffe Manor for the evening.
Accommodation: Giraffe Manor
All Inclusive | Suite
Day 5 – 8: Volcanoes National Park
Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda
Fly from Nairobi to Kigali, Rwanda, today. Volcanoes National Park and your luxurious lodge overlooking the Virunga Volcanoes will be reached after a scenic 2.5-hour drive.
Accommodation: Singita Kwitonda Lodge
All Inclusive | Suite
Day 8: Departure
Bid farewell to the gorillas and views and return by road to Kigali Airport to book your international flight home.
End of the 8 Days Kenya And Rwanda Safari