Planning A Ngorongoro Crater Day Trip from Arusha or Moshi
Planning A Ngorongoro Crater Day Trip from Arusha or Moshi or Dar es Salaam. Ngorongoro Crater Tour day Trip offers a half-day game drive tour to Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
Day Trip Overview: Ngorongoro Crater Day Trip
The Budget Ngorongoro Crater Day Trip from Arusha or Moshi or Dar es Salaam. 1 Day Ngorongoro Crater Safari offers a half-day game drive tour to Ngorongoro Conservation Area. It’s a short day trip for a game drive at one of the world’s natural wonders – Ngorongoro Crater.
The Ngorongoro Crater Day Trip is a fast track to spectacular wildlife with a classic safari experience even when you have limited time for a Safari in Tanzania. Ngorongoro Crater is found within the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, a jewel of a deep volcanic crater. It’s the world’s largest inactive, intact and unfilled volcanic caldera, formed when a large volcano exploded and collapsed on itself about 3 million years ago. About 600 meters deep, 20 Km across an area of 300 sq. Kms, the Ngorongoro crater is a breathtaking natural wonder worth visiting. Formed by a collapsed volcano and filled with a medley of wildlife and natural beauty, it is named the eighth natural wonder of the world.
Quick Tour Details
Number of People: Tailored
Start/End: Arusha, Tanzania
Availability: All year throughout
Activities: Wildlife viewing
Destinations: Ngorongoro Crater
Price: Request a Quote for this Trip
Tour Summary Ngorongoro Crater Day Trip
You Won’t Believe What Happened on our Tanzania Safari (Ngorongoro Crater)
- Tour starts with Day 1 departure/ start from Arusha and return/end in Arusha. Can also start from Moshi.
- This tour is exclusively a private tour organized for only interested groups, families, or individuals.
- The tour can also be customized on request.
- The minimum age for the tour is 12 years of age.
- Day trip, excluding accommodation
- The best time to visit is June to September, however, tours are available all through the year.
Itinerary: Ngorongoro Crater Day Trip
Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania
The tour departs from Arusha early morning with pick up by your Tanzania Safari guide. Breakfast at the hotel then departs along with a lunch box and water. Arrive at the park for a game drive after about 4 hours.
On arrival at the park, you’ll sign in and begin the descent into the caldera. Descend to the crater floor about 2000 feet (600 meters) below sea level to explore the amazing Ngorongoro Crater. The game drive, is one of the best in the northern circuit for viewing inexplicable black rhinoceros, great herds of wildebeest, roaming pride of lions, wallowing hippopotamus, cape buffaloes, large packs of hyenas, and other predators like serval cats and jackals. Explore the forest areas of the conservation area for wildlife viewing. Wildlife like elephants and monkeys can be seen in the forests, lions in the open savannah, and flamingos in the lake area. Visit Lake Magadi which is a vast salt lake in the area, a good place to see the brightly colored flamingos and several other bird species like storks and pelicans. Have a picnic lunch by the hippo pool with loads of great views of the marshes with hippos and birds. In the late afternoon, return to Arusha with great memories of what the Ngorongoro crater has to offer. Drop-off is provided either to your hotel, place of residence, or airport as communicated at the time of booking.
Meal Provided: Lunch
End of the Ngorongoro Crater Day Trip
- Park entrance fee & taxes
- Packed lunch
- Tour guide
- Transport in 4×4 pop up roof vehicle
- Bottled drinking water
- Internal Flight fees
- International flights
Other Journeys You May Be Interested In
- 4 Days Tanzania Lodge Safari
- 5 Days Tanzania Lodge Safari
- 6 Days Luxury Camping Tanzania Safari
- 7 Days Tanzania Lodge Safari
- 10 Days Tanzania Luxury Lodge Safari
- 1 Day Trip Arusha National Park
- Ngorongoro Crater Day Trip
- Tarangire National Park Day Tour
- 2 Days Tanzania Safari
- 7 Days Safari Tanzania
- 10 Days Tanzania Self-Drive Safari
- 5 Days Tanzania Camping Safari
- 3 Days Tanzania Safari
- 4 Days Tanzania Camping Safari
- 7 Days Tanzania Wildlife Safari
- 8 Day Tanzania Budget Camping Safari
- 9 Days Budget Camping Safari
- Day Trips from Arusha
- Tanzania Birding Safaris
- 7 Day Tanzania Birding Safari
- Serengeti Tour and Zanzibar Honeymoon
- 4 Days Serengeti Safari and Gorilla Trekking
- 4 Days Congo Gorilla Safari from Kenya
- 5 Days Serengeti Tour & Gorilla Trek Uganda
- 8 Days Tanzania Safari and Zanzibar Beach
- 8 Days Wildebeest and Gorilla Trekking
- 8 Days Wildebeest and Gorilla Trek Rwanda
- 9 Days Serengeti Tour and Zanzibar Honeymoon
- 11 Days Tanzania Safari and Zanzibar Beach
- 14 Days Luxury Uganda Safari
- 10 Days Kenya and Tanzania Safari
- 10 Days Tanzania and Uganda Safari
- 15 Days Rwanda Uganda Congo Tour Safari
- 6 Days Serengeti Migration Safari
- 8 Days Tanzania Safari
- 15 Days Tanzania Birding Tour
- 21 Days Tanzania Birdwatching Tour
- Kenya Safari and Seychelles Honeymoon
- Kenya and Tanzania Photographic Safari
- Gorilla Trek Rwanda, Serengeti and Zanzibar
- Serengeti and Zanzibar Honeymoon