One&Only Nyungwe House Facts, Reviews, Price, Activities
One&Only Nyungwe House Facts, Reviews, Price, Photos, Videos, Activities.
One&Only Nyungwe House, whose portfolio includes hotels in some of the world’s most exotic locations, is a partner hotel of Nyungwe House. One&Only Cape Town is only one of the many products we provide. All meals, safari activities, parking, and Wi-Fi are included in a stay at Nyungwe House. There is a discounted charge for children ages 2-12, and children ages 0-2 stay for free! Please note that the minimum age for treks is 15 years old.
**Located in a tea plantation on the edge of the Nyungwe Forest, this One&Only resort-style luxury lodge is the perfect base for those wishing to explore the Nyungwe Forest and surrounding area.**
One&Only Nyungwe House
Access And Location:
About 230 kilometers from Kigali International Airport, the property is nestled inside a tea plantation to the west of Nyungwe Forest National Park. Travel time by car is approximately four to five hours, whereas travel time by air from Kamembe Airport is approximately thirty-five minutes plus an additional forty-five minutes by road. It only takes half an hour to fly in by helicopter. A well-marked path and roadside sign point the way to One&Only Nyungwe House.
Accommodation and Facilities at One&Only Nyungwe House:
The six timber villas that make up Nyungwe House’s 22 rooms and suites are tastefully decorated with original works of Rwandan art. Suites are larger than standard rooms and are therefore more expensive. Each choice features either a king- or two twin-sized beds, plus nightstands, lamps, a comfortable lounging area, a fireplace, and ample closet and drawer space. In-room conveniences include of a satellite TV, a phone, multiple power outlets, a charging station, and wireless Internet. There is a private bathroom with a flush toilet and bidet, two sinks, a shower stall, and a spacious bathtub. In addition, each room features its own deck, from where visitors may take in breathtaking vistas of the neighboring Nyungwe Forest. You can also look out for wildlife, such as primates and birds.
Best Rwandan Hotel : One&Only Nyungwe House.
Wooden walkways connect the six villas to the common areas of Nyungwe House. The wooden, dark slate, and terracotta tile structures all but disappear into the natural environment. There is a stylish lobby that leads to a relaxing lounge/bar with a cozy fireplace, a library, games, and a terrace overlooking the tea fields. A few sets of double doors lead out to a dining terrace from the formal dining room. Breakfast buffets, brunches, and opulent four-course dinners are all available in both locations. Private dining is also an option, and lunches are typically served as picnics in Nyungwe Forest. There is also a spa with two treatment rooms and a curio shop at Nyungwe House. You can gather around the fire pit and chat with your fellow tourists. A heated infinity pool is also available.
Activities at One&Only Nyungwe House:
Activities at One&Only Nyungwe House fall into two categories: resort and national park. Walking, biking, wildlife viewing, stargazing, and even archery are all possible inside the property’s confines.
- Activities at Nyungwe Forest include chimpanzee and monkey tracking, birdwatching, and a variety of walks and climbs. The resort is close to the starting point of the treks, where guests may witness the forest’s primates and a variety of other wildlife.
- Over eighty five different species of mammals call Nyungwe home, including leopards, golden cats, servals, civets, genets, duikers, gigantic forest hogs, white-bellied pangolins, and African giant squirrels.
- Red-winged francolins, yellow-whiskered greenbuls, big blue turacos, and purple-breasted sun birds are just a few of the spectacular birds that can be seen in the jungle.
- The national park has 130 kilometers of paths, the highest of its sort in all of East Africa being the canopy walk.
- Guests of One&Only Nyungwe House can help out in the community by harvesting tea leaves from the plantation. You can get a glimpse into the routines of the locals.
**There are enormous and potentially dangerous animals in the neighborhood, and the land is not fenced in. If you decide to stay here, please be aware of your surroundings at all times and feel free to ask a staff member to walk with you if you feel unsafe. After nightfall, an escort is automatically provided for any visitor.**