Uganda Safari Prices: How Much Does a Safari in Uganda Cost?
Uganda Safari Prices: How Much Does a Safari in Uganda Cost? A safari in Uganda is very dissimilar from a typical safari in Africa. In places like Tanzania, Botswana, or Zambia, you may fly right into the national park or reserve to take part in game drives or bush walks for a few days or more. An itinerary that combines both driving and flying is more typical in Uganda and includes a wide variety of safari activities and wildlife species.
The question “how much does a safari in Uganda cost” is frequently posed as our safari experts put together premium Uganda tours. To help you understand the price of safari vacations in Uganda, we’ve put together a brief guide.
$3-5,000 per person
A trip through Bwindi National Park to visit the mountain gorillas is one of the main highlights of Uganda and is featured on almost every itinerary. It’s not surprising that many people choose to travel to Uganda for this reason alone given that there are currently only 1,000 mountain gorillas left in the wild and only three nations in which to witness them. When compared to Rwanda, Uganda is the most affordable country to go on a gorilla trek. You may spend an hour in the jungle with gorillas with a gorilla permit, which costs $750 per person per expedition.
You can fly into and out of Bwindi National Park and stay two nights in moderately priced safari lodging if you wish to go on a gorilla hike alone. You could take a gorilla trek in Uganda for anywhere from $3-4,000 per person, including internal flights and lodging, but this would be a very brief vacation.
$5-7,000 per person
Most tourists prefer to spend more time in Uganda and combine safari excursions with trips to other national parks. You may explore Uganda at your own pace while taking in everything that it has to offer with private tours. The second most popular safari activity in Uganda is chimpanzee trekking, which takes place in Kibale Forest.
Because of its accessibility and location, a safari in Queen Elizabeth National Park is frequently paired with a chimpanzee hike or habituation experience in Kibale. You will have your own safari guide and vehicle, allowing you to take it easy and take in the scenery while doing a leisurely wildlife drive. We advise spending a night somewhere like Ishasha Wilderness Camp in Queen Elizabeth National Park. A savannah reserve, Queen Elizabeth National Park is well-known for its birdlife and for its tree-climbing lions.
$7,000+ per person
With a larger budget, you can explore more of the nation. Combine places like the Queen Elizabeth National Park, the Kibale Forest, the Bwindi Forest, the Murchison Falls National Park, and Entebbe or Kampala. With more money, you can also travel to inaccessible places like South Sudan’s Kidepo National Park, which lies in the country’s north. You must use internal flights, which increase the expense of the itinerary, to get to this park.
We can provide advice and plan your custom itinerary for Uganda because we are a specialized trip company. In Uganda, there are many different lodging alternatives, ranging from budget-friendly safari lodges to opulent 5-star hotels with a wide range of amenities. To learn more, get in touch with our professionals.
Uganda Safari Packages
- 2 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda from Kigali
- 2 Days Murchison Falls Safari
- 2 Days Lake Mburo Safari
- 2 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park
- 3 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda
- 3 Days Murchison Falls Safari
- 3 Days Honeymoon Ngamba Island Tour
- 3 Days Uganda Gorilla trekking from Kigali
- 3 Days Luxury Gorilla Trekking
- 3 Days Chimpanzee Trekking Safari
- 4 Days Kidepo Safari
- 4 Days Murchison Falls Safari
- 5 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Safari
- 6 Days Uganda Safari
- 7 Days Uganda Safari
- 8 Days Uganda Safari
- 9 Days Uganda Safari
- 9 Days Rwenzori Mountains Trekking
- 10 Days Rwenzori Mountains Trekking
- 10 Days Uganda Ultimate Safari
- 10 Days Uganda Birding Safari
- 12 Days Uganda Safari
- 14 Days Uganda Birding Safari
- 14 Days Uganda Safari
- Serengeti Tour and Zanzibar Honeymoon
- 4 Days Serengeti Safari and Gorilla Trekking
- 4 Days Congo Gorilla Safari from Kenya
- 5 Days Serengeti Tour & Gorilla Trek Uganda
- 8 Days Tanzania Safari and Zanzibar Beach
- 8 Days Wildebeest and Gorilla Trekking
- 8 Days Wildebeest and Gorilla Trek Rwanda
- 9 Days Serengeti Tour and Zanzibar Honeymoon
- 11 Days Tanzania Safari and Zanzibar Beach
- 14 Days Luxury Uganda Safari
- 10 Days Kenya and Tanzania Safari
- 10 Days Tanzania and Uganda Safari
- 15 Days Rwanda Uganda Congo Tour Safari
- 6 Days Serengeti Migration Safari
- 8 Days Tanzania Safari
- 15 Days Tanzania Birding Tour
- 21 Days Tanzania Birdwatching Tour
- Kenya Safari and Seychelles Honeymoon
- Kenya and Tanzania Photographic Safari
- Gorilla Trek Rwanda, Serengeti and Zanzibar
- Serengeti and Zanzibar Honeymoon