10 Days Kenya Birding Safari, Game Drives & Photographic Tour
10 Days Kenya Birding Safari has been designed to allow you to enjoy top Birding and Big Game watching in Kenya, while at the same time making magical photographs. In this 10 Days Kenya Birding photography safari, the tour pace is slow to allow enough time for great photo opportunities. We shall maximize mornings and afternoons for best light conditions, and only travel during the hot part of the day.
Some of the birds we expect include Hildebrandt’s Starling, Superb Starling, African Darter, White-winged Tern, Coqui Francolin, Hildebrandt’s Francolin, Usambiro Barbet, Bare-faced Go-away-bird, African Emerald Cuckoo, Grey-crested Helmetshrike, Secretarybird, Pangani Longclaw, Jackson’s Widowbird, Kori Bustard, Saddle-billed Stork, Red-headed Weaver, Greater Flamingo, Lesser Flamingo, Martial Eagle, African Fish Eagle, Lappet-faced Vulture, Helmeted Guineafowl, Common Ostrich, Red-billed Firefinch, Red-cheeked Cordon-bleu, Purple Grenadier, Green Wood-hoopoe, Southern Ground Hornbill, Beautiful Sunbird, and Golden-winged Sunbird.
Kenya is also famous for its big game. Films of Big Cats and Nile Crocodiles hunting mammals along the mighty Mara River are commonly featured worldwide. We expect to connect with these top predators among many other big games. Highlight mammals we expect include Leopard, African Lion, Cheetah, Savannah Elephant, White Rhino, Black Rhino, Maasai Giraffe, Rothschild’s Giraffe, White-bearded Wildebeest, Coke’s Hartebeest, Common Warthog, Spotted Hyena, Serval, Topi, Thompson’s Gazelle, Grant’s Gazelle, Common Impala, Nile Hippo, Common Zebra, and Cape Buffalo.
During this 10 Days Kenya Birding Safari, Game Drives & Photographic tour, we shall enjoy walking in several birding spots. There will also be dedicated game drives, inside the parks, as we enjoy wildlife. We shall be following the tour plan as highlighted below, to help us explore this region:-
Quick Tour Details
Duration: 10 days/9 nights
Tour type: private
Tour cost: USD 5,490 per person
Group Size: Minimum 1 person, maximum 4 people + Birding Safari-Guide
Activities: Birding, Game drives, and Photography
The trip starts: Nairobi
Trip ends: Nairobi
10 Days Kenya Birding Safari, Game Drives & Photographic Tour; Highlights
- Day #1: Nairobi to Amboseli National Park (foothills of Mt. Kilimanjaro)
- Day #2: Amboseli National Park (foothills of Mt. Kilimanjaro)
- Day #3: Amboseli National Park to Lake Naivasha
- Day #4: Lake Naivasha to Lake Nakuru National Park
- Day #5: Lake Nakuru National Park
- Day #6: Masai Mara National Reserve
- Day #7: Masai Mara National Reserve
- Day #8: Masai Mara National Reserve
- Day #9: Masai Mara National Reserve
- Day #10: Masai Mara to Nairobi
- 10 Days Kenya Birding Tour can be combined with our other trips to allow you to sample more locations. We also tailor-make tours according to your target species or landscapes.
- Tour costs include accommodation, ground transport, meals, water, a birds checklist, park entry fees, and guiding fees for all the tour days as shared above.
- Tour costs do not include international flights, visas, personal health insurance, travel insurance, and items of personal pleasure.
Related Birding Safari Packages
15 Days Kenya Birding Tour exciting Safari designed around the classical birding route for Kenya. Kenya has the second-highest checklist of birds in Africa.