A Guide to Booking Gorilla Habituation Permit
Ultimate Guide to Booking Gorilla Habituation Permit in Uganda – Guaranteed gorilla sighting and permits 2022-2023 Everything about Gorilla Habituation Experience. Are you wondering what to consider before booking your Genuine gorilla habituation experience!! Before considering booking a gorilla habituation tour, it is better to understand what Mountain Gorilla Habituation Experience is.
What is a four-hour gorilla habituation experience?
Besides the normal gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park, in January 2014, the Uganda wildlife Authority introduced four-hour gorilla trekking. The four-hour trek in Bwindi offers Gorilla Habituation Experience and gives you the chance to spend 4 hours in the company of the Mountain Gorillas in Uganda‘s Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Adult Gorilla photographed by the habituation team.
It is a unique primate tour experience and it is usually conducted by researchers, scientists, conservationists, trackers involving a daily observation or following of wild mountain gorillas in their habitat. Trackers/researchers explore their daily behaviors from morning till they make new nests to retire. Once they are sure that they can be tracked, they will be subjected to a mock exercise involving a few travelers/visitors and guides to kick start trekking a particular gorilla family that has been undergoing habituation.
Mountain gorilla habituation experience is a unique and first-of-its-kind primate adventure in Africa. When gorillas finally become accustomed to human presence, they are opened for actual gorilla trekking. Unlike the normal gorilla trek, gorilla habituation is limited to only 4 trekkers. Visitors who engage in this adventure are issued with certificates once they return from the long day’s search for mountain gorillas. Gorilla trekking is hard work, but the rewards are immense. This trekking experience is not available in other gorilla areas of the Virunga Conservation area, inclusive of the Mgahinga Gorilla National Park in Uganda.
If you’re planning to participate in this four-hour gorilla trek experience, you should book a gorilla habituation permit with Kabira Uganda safaris or any other locally based company that can arrange for you a perfect gorilla safari. The four-hour gorilla habituation experience is absolutely fantastic.
What are the set dos and don’ts for a successful gorilla habituation tour?
- Gorilla habituation experience is limited to only 4 trekkers per day per gorilla family, once you come across mountain gorillas on a gorilla habituation tour, expect to spend 4 hours face to face with them, take photos, and have in-depth learning on their daily behaviors.
- Don’t go for habituation experience if you are sick, ill. In case you need to sneeze make sure you cover your nose or mouth in case of cough, Flashlight cameras are prohibited for photo taking during gorilla habituation experience, Gorilla habituation experience like gorilla trekking is limited to persons above 15 years.
- Maintain a distance of 7 meters at all times from gorillas while on gorilla habituation experience, Leave the habitat of mountain gorillas as clean as possible or in a better state than you found it when you embarked on gorilla habituation.
- Keep your voices low while on gorilla habituation experience, however; raise any questions for clarification without fear.
What to Pack for a Gorilla Habituation Tour?
For a fantastic gorilla experience, you shouldn’t leave the following;
- Waterproof daypack,
- Camera without a flashlight,
- Long-sleeved shirt, Insect repellents,
- Energy giving snacks, Plenty of bottled drinking water,
- First aid kit,
- Gardening gloves,
- Valid, passport and visa,
- Gorilla habituation permit.
Journeys You May Be Interested In
- 2 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda
- 2 Days Murchison Falls Safari
- 2 Days Lake Mburo Safari
- 2 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park
- 3 Days Gorilla Trekking Safari
- 3 Days Murchison Falls Tour
- 3 Days Honeymoon Ngamba Island Tour
- 3 Day Uganda Gorilla trekking
- 3 Days Luxury Gorilla Trekking
- 3 Days Chimpanzee Trekking Safari
- 4 Days Kidepo Safari
- 4 Days Murchison Falls Safari
- 5 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Safari
- 6 Days Uganda Trip
- 7 Days Uganda Safari
- 8 Days Uganda Safari
- 9 Days Uganda Safari
- 9 Days Rwenzori Mountains Hiking
- 10 Days Rwenzori Mountains Trekking
- 10 Days Uganda Ultimate Safari
- 10 Days Uganda Birding Safari
- 12 Days Uganda Safari
- 14 Days Uganda Birding Trip
- 14 Days Uganda Safari