Sport Fishing in Uganda | Uganda Fishing Trips and Tours
Uganda Fishing Trips and tours; Sport Fishing in Uganda; – fishing safari in Uganda – Guaranteed fishing permits – Nile Perch Fishing on Lake Victoria and Murchison Falls National Park. Nile Perch fish trips in Uganda – The incredible Nile perch African safari isn’t a famous safari by many travelers despite its fantastic experience. The Nile perch safari is also known as snook or the Victoria perch safari. Nile perch weighing in between 20—180 pounds is the largest freshwater game fish in Africa and are the main catch in both Lake Victoria and the Murchison Nile.
Where can I find Nile perch?
– The freshwater fish species is widespread throughout much of African freshwaters as there are a lot of small rivers that come out of the lakes and pour into other lakes, being native to Congo Basin, Nile, Senegal, Niger and Lake Chad, Volta, Lake Turkana, and other river basins. The Nile perch is also commonly seen in the waters of Lake Maryrut in Egypt and Lake Nasser.
Fishing in Lake Victoria
The Sport Fishing in Uganda are open to all anglers, both the novices and also the more serious fisherman and can range from half to full day or longer overnight trips for those keener anglers. Trolling with lures is the method generally used whilst fishing on the lake. All the necessary equipment for Nile perch trolling on the lake is provided, but if anglers wish to bring and use their own tackle, that is fine.
Light tackle fishing for Nile Perch on Lake Victoria
Fishing at Murchison Falls National Park
Fishing at Murchison Falls generally involves fishing with live bait or by casting lures, the larger species caught using these methods are Nile Perch and various species of Catfish. There are many species of smaller fish that are used as live bait such as tiger fish. These can be caught by the spinning method. Fishing at Murchison is a profound fishing experience and can be extremely exciting. Fishing is either from the river bank or from a boat. Caution must be taken whilst fishing from the bank as Nile crocodiles and hippos are often in abundance.
Murchison Falls National Park Sport Fishing
What is the biggest Nile perch ever caught?
Are you wondering what the biggest Nile perch ever caught? On December 20, 2000, California angler William Toth landed the heaviest Nile perch ever recorded on rod and reel a 104.32 kg (230 pounds) fish that crushed the Rapala Fire Tiger lure he was trolling in Egypt’s famous Lake Nasser
Prices – Day Trips (Half Day also available)
The fish safari prices in Murchison Falls National Park and Lake Victoria vary however the prices include: Use of the boat on the Nile with skipper/fishing guide services, fuel, lunch, drinking water, and use of fishing equipment with USD 120– deposit fee per rod paid before departure (this is refunded less any breakages / damaged equipment). The fish expedition may Exclude: National Park Entry Fees of USD40- per day, National Park Fishing Fees of USD 40- to USD 50– per day, (depending on the number of days fishing), which are payable directly to Uganda Wildlife Authority.
International 2021 Prices from US$ 270 per person (3 guests in a boat) per day
Whilst is it possible to fish 3 persons on our boats, our recommendation is for 2 persons only for “serious” fishermen and we can accommodate more guests or larger boats by special arrangement/quotation. Special Rates for East African Residents.
Journeys You May Be Interested In
- 2 Days Gorilla Trekking Uganda
- 2 Days Murchison Falls Safari
- 2 Days Lake Mburo Safari
- 2 Days Queen Elizabeth National Park
- 3 Days Gorilla Trekking Safari
- 3 Days Murchison Falls Tour
- 3 Days Honeymoon Ngamba Island Tour
- 3 Day Uganda Gorilla trekking
- 3 Days Luxury Gorilla Trekking
- 3 Days Chimpanzee Trekking Safari
- 4 Days Kidepo Safari
- 4 Days Murchison Falls Safari
- 5 Days Gorilla Trek Uganda Safari
- 6 Days Uganda Trip
- 7 Days Uganda Safari
- 8 Days Uganda Safari
- 9 Days Uganda Safari
- 9 Days Rwenzori Mountains Hiking
- 10 Days Rwenzori Mountains Trekking
- 10 Days Uganda Ultimate Safari
- 10 Days Uganda Birding Safari
- 12 Days Uganda Safari
- 14 Days Uganda Birding Trip
- 14 Days Uganda Safari